Tuesday 10 January 2012

DIY: Neon heels

neon heels
I've been into neons alot lately and decided to neon-ify some plain black pumps I had laying around just waiting for a make over!




This is what the shoes originally looked like:





First I covered the parts of the shoe that I didn't want to paint in an old plastic shopping bag and some cello tape:


I used white spray paint as the base to ensure the coloured paint would come through properly. Make sure to spray paint outside or in a well ventilated area, and don't forget to lay out the newspaper!
Do two coats of the white base, waiting for the paint to dry between each coat.

Paint with your choice of bright neon colour! I went for a neon green because it seemed more fluro than the yellows that were on offer, although it came out more pastel toned in real life...
I did about three coats of the green.

Remove the plastic and tape when it's dry and there you have your new neon heel, colour blocked shoes!




Sarah X

3 comments:

  1. Gosh these shoes are hot hot hot!!! Im loving the Neon heel sarah and your brave DIY'S and they always turn out great!

    www.candypop-lamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! love this idea!

    xoxo
    http://staceyko.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete