Tuesday 21 June 2011

DIY: Animal print harem pants


I know I've posted a DIY for harem pants before and this one is very similar except I've altered a few things to try and make it easier for beginners to make.

You Will Need:
  • 1.5 metres of fabric of your choice
  • Scissors
  • Chalk
  • Thick elastic
  • Pins
Method:

Fold material inside out and flat on a flat surface, mark out the shape of your pants with chalk like so:


This is where you can decide how high or low you want the crotch and how tight you want the ankles to be. I decided to go with a higher crotch this time as my last pair were very low. I also made the legs very long in legth so that they would scrunch up at my ankles when worn.

Cut your design out about half an inch outside of where the chalk has been drawn. Fold over and trim to make sure the design is as symmetrical as possible. Keeping the material inside out, sew along the chalked lines as shown in this picture:


Instead of adding a waistband out of material like i did on the last pair of harems, I simply sewed on a thick band of elastic which was easier but personally doesnt look as great:


You can add elastic as the ankle cuffs aswell but I simply hemmed mine this time.

The end result+Outfit post:




Follow Itsaboutsarah on Twitter

bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment