Friday 17 June 2011

DIY: customize boring shoes

Just a quick post showing you what I did with these shoes I bought on sale.



They were exactly what I was looking for -full leather including lining, air holes so my feet can breathe in the summer and comfort because I needed them for work. So I bought these Hush puppies.

The only problem was the buckle on the front made them look "older" as the hush puppy brand is aimed for the older woman with higher comfort needs than fashion needs.


So I bought a couple of Brooches which were on sale from Lovisa. I chose these moths because they remind me a little of the beetles featured in the 2009 Mimco collection.

I broke off the pin backs on the brooches and cut the buckles away from the shoes and glued them together using contact adhesive -that stuff is legendary, a highly recommended investment for every DIY-er.


XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment